Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup mounded cane sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 scoop Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk, plus 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Make the muffins: Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and both sugar together on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add the eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon zest. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute, then turn up to high speed until the mixture is combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Whisk the Premier Protein Vanilla Milkshake Powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and 1/4 cup of milk, and mix one low speed until everything is combined. If mixture is too dry, add more milk 1 tbsp at a time. Gently fold in the poppyseeds.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each cup or liner, filling each almost all the way to the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425° F, then keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for 12-15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Muffins stay fresh store at room temperature for a few days - then transfer to the fridge for up to 1 week.