High Protein Eggnog
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Protein Shake
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops liquid stevia
- Add egg yolks to a large bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Add protein shake, heavy cream, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to a medium saucepan and heat up. Stir continuously until the mixture thickens slightly, usually a few minutes. Note, do not bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and gradually add the hot mixture into the eggs, just a little at a time to ensure your eggs don't cook.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves, and pour into a large pitcher. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour. The eggnog will continue to thicken, so be sure to give it a good stir before serving.
- When ready to serve, taste for sweetness and add desired amount of organic liquid Stevia drops. You can garnish each glass with fresh nutmeg, if desired.