Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins
- 3 bananas
- 3/4 cup Cinnamon Roll Protein Shake
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (white or whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Cinnamon & Sugar Topping, optional
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease a standard muffin pan (or line with paper muffin liners). Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add protein shake, egg, vanilla, brown sugar, cane sugar, and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
- In a separate small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the banana mixture and stir, just to combine.
- Gently stir in coconut oil. Don't over-mix the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
- To make the cinnamon and sugar topping: Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Put melted coconut oil in a separate small bowl. Dip muffin tops into melted coconut oil and then into cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm or let cool completely.