Peanut Butter Jelly Ice Cream
|Amount Per Serving||
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup Strawberries & Cream Protein Shake
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar-free strawberry jelly
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the protein shake, brown sugar and salt until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the egg. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat; whisk in peanut butter. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in cream and vanilla. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- When ice cream is frozen, spoon into a freezer container, layering with jelly; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.