Peaches & Cream Protein Waffles
- 1 Peaches & Cream Protein Shake
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place the toasted, slivered almonds into a food processor and pulse until they are broken down. You should have some larger, bite-sized pieces and some almond dust. Be sure not to process to much or you will have almond butter. Measure out 2 tbsp of the ground almonds for garnish and set aside.
- Add the peaches to the bowl of the food processor and pulse until they are broken down into very small bits. Set aside.
- Whip egg whites until stiff.
- Place the remaining ground almonds in a separate large mixing bowl and add the egg yolks, water, protein shake, flour, oil, salt, vanilla and the pureed peaches. Stir until no lumps remain.
- Gently fold in the egg whites and bake immediately on a preheated, greased waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, sliced fresh peaches, and a sprinkling of toasted almond dust.
Credit: This Mess Is Ours