Egg White & Spinach Breakfast Biscuits
- 1 cup Vanilla Premier Protein Shake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 tbsp butter cold
- 4 pre cooked breakfast sausage patties
- 1 bunch spinach
- 4 egg whites
- 4 slices reduced fat swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 420°F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pepper,whisk to combine. Cut butter into chunks, add to flour breaking the butter down with your fingertips until the mixture is crumbly. Add Premier Protein Vanilla Shake and stir gently. Add two tablespoons of flour until dough becomes a ball. Dump dough onto a well-floured work surface, knead into a flat circle about 1 inch thick.
- Use a 3” cookie cutter, cut the biscuits out of the dough and place on the baking tray. Bake the biscuits for about 12 mins.
- In a large nonstick pan heat the water, add spinach, cook until wilted. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel and then place back on a low heat with the butter.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until light and airy.Add egg whites, cook for about 4 minutes. Flip the egg whites over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Warm the sausage patties in the microwave and slice the biscuits in half. Place a sausage patty on the bottom part of each biscuit. Top the sausage with a slice of the swiss cheese, piece egg white and some of the wilted spinach.
- Place the top on each biscuit and serve straight away with your favorite condiments