Cookies & Cream Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 12 tbsp butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus two tbsp Cookies & Cream Protein Shake
- 6 Oreo’s roughly crushed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Premier Protein Cookies & Cream Shake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a deep 8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Using stand mixer beat the soft butter and sugar until light and airy.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and beat, scraping the sides of the bowl down at least once.
- Add the vanilla yogurt and extract and mix
- Pour in 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp of the cookies & cream shake and after scraping down the bowl, mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
- Cover the surface with the crushed Oreo’s
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and then let rest while you make the icing
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and 3 tbsp protein shake until smooth
- Drizzle the icing over the cake and cut into slices.
Credit: Foodness Gracious