Caramel Pecan Pumpkin Bread Puddings
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (15-oz.) cans pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Protein Shake
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (12-oz.) French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare Bread Puddings: Whisk together eggs and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Add bread pieces, stirring to thoroughly coat. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon bread mixture into 11 (6-oz.) lightly greased ramekins. (Ramekins will be completely full, and mixture will mound slightly.) Place on an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes, shielding with foil after 30 minutes.
- During last 15 minutes of baking, prepare Caramel-Pecan Sauce: Heat pecans in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Remove bread puddings from oven; drizzle with Caramel-Pecan Sauce. Bake 5 minutes or until sauce is thoroughly heated and begins to bubble.