Ready To Reboot?
Quinoa, and Avocado, and Smoothies, Oh My!
Happy New Year! (Have you ever been more excited to hear those words?!) If 2020 took as big of a toll on you as it did the rest of us, you’re probably ready for a reboot. One area where we can definitely take back control is what we are consuming.
No judgment here—we needed all the sourdough bread, booze, and desserts we could get to survive the past year. But the new year brings the perfect opportunity to break free of the habits that had us eating less than perfect meals.
Here’s a New Year’s resolution idea for you: Cook one new thing each week. That’s easy enough, right? Step a little outside your comfort zone—just once a week-- and you may find a new, healthy staple that you can add to your rotation. Here’s some inspiration to start you off:
- Curious about quinoa? Make it a meal with this One Pan Mexican Quinoa.
- Need something for cold nights? This minestrone soup is comforting and healthy.
- Up your salad game (and your Vitamin C intake!) with this Citrus Salad with Avocado and Fennel.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with a creamy pudding (that’s made from a superfood-- chia seeds!)
- Interested in a more plant-based diet? Beans & Greens might be your new best friend.
- Need a dish to impress your family? This mouthwatering Honey-Garlic Salmon hits all the notes—and is packed with protein and Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Switch to Smoothies for breakfast! Put that blender you got for Christmas to good use with smoothies-- the gift that just keeps giving. They are a great way to up your protein and fiber intake, and also get in your fruits and veggies. The best part: tweak recipes to meet your personal dietary needs and preferences.
--Make it a meal by adding more filling ingredients like oats or nut butter. This Cinnamon Roll smoothie tastes like its namesake—but won’t put you in a food coma for the rest of the day!
--Add greens (kale, spinach, whatever you like!) to your favorite smoothie (and any smoothie you make, for that matter!) Get all the benefits, flavored by your favorite fruits and Premier Shakes. For starters, try this Spinach and Kiwi Smoothie.
So where will you start? Our advice: the more you try new things, the more inspired your choices will become. Find your inner ambition. Give your body the healthy treatment it deserves.
What types of recipes would you like to see? Let us know on Instagram @PremierProtein.
Check out our Tips for Positive Change in the New Year.