Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Donuts
½ cup almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
6 tbsp coconut sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup Premier Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Glaze
To Make the Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two (2) 6-well donut baking pans with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl melt the butter and peanut butter together in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Add the Protein Shake, egg, vanilla, melted peanut butter, and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each donut cup in the donut pan with the batter, do not cover the center divider. You can pipe in the batter with a pastry bag.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To Make the Glaze
- While Donuts are cooling, make the glaze. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. You may need to add additional powdered sugar for a thicker glaze.
- Dip the top of each donut in the glaze and top with chopped peanuts if desired.
- You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.