Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Donuts
|Amount Per Serving||
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Premier Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the Glaze
- ¼ cup Premier Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- 1 ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Chopped peanuts
To Make the Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two (2) 6-well donut baking pans with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl melt the butter and peanut butter together in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Add the Protein Shake, egg, vanilla, melted peanut butter, and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each donut cup in the donut pan with the batter, do not cover the center divider. You can pipe in the batter with a pastry bag.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To Make the Glaze
- While Donuts are cooling, make the glaze. Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. You may need to add additional powdered sugar for a thicker glaze.
- Dip the top of each donut in the glaze and top with chopped peanuts if desired.
- You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.