Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Donuts
- 1 scoop Premier Protein Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
For the chocolate glaze:
- 5-6 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Flaky sea salt
To Make the Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two (2) 6-well donut baking pans with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl melt the butter and peanut butter together in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Add the milk, egg, vanilla, melted peanut butter, and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each donut cup in the donut pan 1/2 full with the batter. I find it is easiest to do this if you us a pastry bag or if you don’t have one of those you can transfer the batter to a gallon size plastic bag, seal it completely, then clip a small section off one of the bottom corners.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To Make the Glaze
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. You may need to add additional powdered sugar for a thicker glaze.
- Dip the top of each donut in the glaze and sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt of desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.