Raspberry Granita Parfaits
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1-2 tbsp bee pollen, optional
How to make granita the traditional way with a fork and a shallow dish:
- Pour the Raspberry Clear Protein Drink into a shallow baking dish.
- Place into the freezer for 30 minutes then use a fork to gently rake through the any ice crystals that have formed.
- Place back into the freezer for another 30 minutes and repeat the process of raking the fork through the ice crystals to break them up.
- Repeat this process for a total of 2-3 hours until no liquid remains.
How to make granita the super fast, no fuss way in a high powered blender:
- Pour the raspberry Premier Protein Clear drink into ice cube molds, place in the freezer until frozen solid. When you are ready to serve remove the ice cubes from the mold and transfer to a high powered blender.
- Blend on high, using the tamper to move the ice cubes around if the start to stick. In just a few seconds you will notice the ice cubes turn into more of a shave ice, almost snowy, consistency.
- Serve immediately, do not place the granita back into the freezer or it will turn back into one large ice cube!
To make the whipped cream:
- Place the whipping cream and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip on high until stiff peaks form.
To make the parfaits
- In a small glass, scoop in a few tablespoons of whipped cream, top with the prepared raspberry granita, and add fresh raspberries on top. Sprinkle with bee pollen if using. Serve immediately.
Credit: This Mess Is Ours