- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Maple Protein Shake with Oats
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat together the butter and sugar for 3 minutes or until fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Beat the dry ingredients into egg mixture on low until combined. Form into a ball (will be sticky). Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the fridge and divide into 2 parts. Roll out the first part on a well-floured flat surface to 1/8" thickness and cut out shapes. Do the same with the remaining dough. Place on cookie sheets and bake for approximately 7–9 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely before adding creamy filling, if desired. Very tasty on their own also. Enjoy!
- Beat butter, Maple Protein Shake with Oats, maple syrup, vanilla and maple extract until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and combine until smooth and has reached your desired thickness. If too thin, add more powdered sugar.