Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
|Amount Per Serving||
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ¼ cup Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Shake with Oats
- 3 tsp. melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour all the wet ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Then, add in the dry ingredients, almond flour one cup at a time, and mix just until everything is combined. If the mixture seems too sticky, add 1–2 additional tablespoons of almond flour.
- Pour the dough onto a baking sheet and use your hands to form into a long rectangle, approximately 6” by 10” and about ½ an inch high. Once formed, sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top evenly. *Tip*: To mitigate sticking, spray your hands with cooking spray before you do this!
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for at least 20 minutes. Turn down the oven to 300 degrees.
- Once the dough rectangle has cooled, use a sharp knife to slice into 8–10 biscotti slices. Turn them on their sides and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip over and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a bowl. When the biscotti is done baking, dip one end into the melted chocolate. Place on a tray in the fridge or freezer for the chocolate to firm up, and enjoy! Biscotti can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months, or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.